Cryo Chamber Artist- God Body Disconnect Interview up.




God Body Disconnect






  1. So this is the 2nd of a saga your working on with Cryo Chamber label tell us a bit what you looking for with God Body Disconnect?
The main thing I’m trying to do is create an atmosphere that is so immersive I can feel like I’m really there. Music has always been an escape for me, and with God Body Disconnect I’m looking to experience the ultimate journey. It’s like when you’re playing a video game and you forget you’re behind the controller. Somehow reality drifts away, you magically become the protagonist, and a doorway to a hidden world is opened. The only difference with GBD is, I’m inside of a protagonist that lives within my own inner world.

2. I hear elements of  Post Industrial, Noise, Drift, Post Rock, Cinematic elements and a Theater of the mind vibe going on. Were did this style come from as you were making Death metal before this correct?
Besides God Body Disconnect I’m probably most known for being in the death metal band Dripping. Like GBD, Dripping also had a lot of different musical elements, and focused on a theme of exploration of the inner self. Dripping is also where I first started using narration vocals. On the surface it’s hard to see how the 2 projects come from the same guy, but I think there is definitely a line of evolution that can be followed.

3.  There is such a Blade Runner Dystopian future with  Sleepers Fate . Do you really see us finally reaching to were  Reality and Digital become such the blur we will not know which were actually in? This is like a Cold Cyber punk future...
I’m a huge fan of the 80’s dystopian future movies like Blade Runner, Running Man, VideoDrome etc. I’m not sure if the bleakness will be as dramatic as it is on screen, but I do think it’s only a matter of time until our world begins to mirror some of that dystopia.

4. How did you come to work with Cryo Chamber and is the rule still everything needs to be in 24 Bit format?
A few years back I began quietly working on the music that would eventually turn into the Dredge Portals album. At the time I had no idea what kind of music to call it. So one day I started searching on Bandcamp for artists that had a similar sound, and I came upon Cryo Chamber. I originally didn’t plan on widely releasing the music, but something inside told me to send it to Simon, and I’m glad I did. Yes 24 is still the standard.

5. New Jersey is were I was born and is a very dense and go go go mentality . Yes I know there are some beautiful spare mountainous areas, How have your surrounding help create this massive under taking on God Body Disconnect?
I’ve been around the docks for most of my life, so that old school blue collar world is where I’m most comfortable.  I grew up seeing some of the real larger than life characters tell their stories, so that gritty street atmosphere definitely has had an impact on the worlds I like to create.

6. I know I'm asking a lot but in 5 words describe the sound of the project to someone that has not heard it?
I think I can do it in 2: Human and Catharsis.

7. Bruce do you have other projects now youre working on? or is this the focus period in 2017?
I just got done recording a very special album with 2 friends. It’s still under wraps till release, but I think it’s definitely going to surprise a few people, so be on the lookout for that soon. I also just finished working on the latest Cryo Chamber Lovecraft album which is always fun to do. Besides all that I’m starting to go out on some field recording trips and getting ready to dive back into the portals.

8. If you could make a proper video for song on Sleeper's Fate which would it be an how would you want it presented ?
It would probably be for the title track Sleeper’s Fate. One of my favorite movies is “Heat” and If money was no object, I would have Michael Mann direct on some dark and rainy NYC streets and none other than Robert De Niro doing the voice overs.

9. What are you currently listening to any surprises?
My playlist is all over the place. Today I had on some A Tribe Called Quest, Sabled Sun, Morbid Angel, Akercocke. I’ll probably end up drifting to sleep to Bohren Der Club of Gore or Hymnambulae.

10. Where do you see the Post Industrial music scene heading in 2017  labels like Malignant, Cyclic Law and Cryo Chamber leading the call ?
I’m grateful to be able to hear from fans from all over the spectrum.  Some very familiar with this kind of music and others who are newcomers. So I’ve definitely noticed the interest in the genre grow and crossover to other scenes. As far as leading the call, I think being able to keep a consistent level of quality and innovation is always key.
11. How many Chapters do you see for this story line and will the sound change for the next story you present?
If I try to plan or foresee too much, it sort of takes all the fun out of it for me. I approach composing as If I’m reading a book or watching a movie. If I already know the outcome of the story ahead of time, then there's no fun in continuing reading or watching. In the end of the day I have to feel the same anticipation every step of the way, and be just as surprised as the listener is. But, I have a feeling inside there’s still more story left to tell.
12. In 2017 does good PR and Digital promotions Youtube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp and Social media  take the place of Touring, Zine and Radio promotion now. Can a band that makes Underground experimental music get the exposure like they did with CMI. Tesco and Soleilmoon artists did a decade or two back?
No matter what genre you look at there’s an underground element it, and it’s always made up of the most dedicated die-hards out of all. It’s true that sometimes nothing can take the place of a band touring and making that connection to a fan in person. But with all the tools labels and artists have today, I don’t think there’s ever been a better time for someone to make their mark.
13. If you could have any artist rework one of your compositions what artist or band would you want to do so and what would you hope from it ?
That’s a tough one since I listen to so many different artists and genres, but I think it would be cool to hear a band like Cynic or maybe the late great Allan Holdsworth school me on how it’s really supposed to be done!

14, Would you ever want to take God Body Disconnect on a tour or road to perform live?
I used to love playing live in bands back in the day, there’s nothing that compares to it. But to me GBD is a much deeper and personal project. I don’t think I’d be able to recreate the right atmosphere live for it. There are just certain things that are meant to be enjoyed alone.

15. Thank you for the time any closing thoughts here
Thank you for the opportunity and the support. Big thanks to everyone I’ve been able to share and create music with, Simon Heath and all my Cryo Chamber peeps.

Comments