Bloodsoaked Interview 9/28/2008






1.tell us how bloodsoaked came to be.

Bloodsoaked started as I was looking for members to form a Death Metal band. I could not find members so I started in as a studio only project that has taken on a life of its own. I used to run The Intense Sounds of Death Metal web site, that turned in Bloodsoaked Promotions that turned into Bloodsoaked Records and now the band Bloodsoaked. So in one form or another Bloodsoaked has been around for well over 10 years, more like 15 years.

2. your working on your second full length how is that coming along.

Slow as fuck…LOL I have been wicked lazy about writing the new CD but for the last month or so I have been trying to get things moving. I have 4 songs at this point and home to have a few more soon for n early 2009 release.

3. you just play the death fest in providence how was that.

The New England Death Fest in Providence, RI might have been my best show to date. Killer bands, fest ran wicked smooth and it was a sick crowd, I am hoping to be back in 2009.

4. do you feel death metal is making a return in usa?

I really don’t think it has gone anywhere; Death Metal has always been underground and always will be. Some feel that after the late 80’s, early 90’s it kind of fell off the radar for a while but Death Metal will always be around.

5. what is you thoughs on the digital age of musical promotion.

I wish I was a kid again at this day and age with the way the internet has changed everything. If there was the internet and/or myspace back in the day when I played in a Thrash band (Deslok) back in Boston, MA it would have made promoting your band SO much easier. Back then had it’s cool things as well as tape trading, writing actual letters to and from bands and more interaction with-in the scene. Recording music is much easier now as well, you can record a CD/demo in your bed room and get it out to the world very easy, I love it.

6. do you find it hard to be a indie metal band in this day and age.

Not at all, I know what I want and what I am doing. I have a good day job that pays the bill so I can do Bloodsoaked. Comatose Music has been great to work with so far and I will continue to work with them for my new CD (Sadistic Deeds…Grotesque Memories) and see what happens after that. Booking shows, touring, and promotion is not really that hard, it just takes time and dedication weather you’re on a major label or no label at all.


7. if bloodsoaked could collab with any one who it be and why?

John Tardy (Obituary), Max Cavalier (Sepultura) and Martin van Drunen (Pestilence). Three of the best old-school Death Metal vocalist and three of the best old- school Death Metal bands from back in the day.

8. is the material a big change from the debut.

The material is pretty close to what people heard on Brutally Butchered but the production on the new CD will be 100 times better. A really pro sound is the first thing people will notice from the first CD till this one. Bloodsoaked will always be Death Metal in its purest form.

9. thank you for the time any closing words here.

Thanks for the interview and everyone get in touch!

Peter – Bloodsoaked

http://www.myspace.com/bloodsoakedband

Comments